Mercè Martí Inglada
Mercè Martí was born in 9 September 1968 and her life has been always linked with sports. She obtained good results in athletics and participated in several international races. Her spirit brought her to fly for the first time when she was 17th and instantly she decided that flying would be part of her life. She went to the United States to obtain her commercial pilot license, IFR and multiengine ratings.
After some time in Spain where she validated her pilot’s American licenses she went back to the States where she founded a pilots school named Cardinal Wings in Kentucky and worked there as General Manager and Instructor.
After having worked as commercial pilot for a Spanish airline (Spanair), she combines her passion for flying air races, preparing expeditions and conferences. Also she is involved as air shows reporter for national TV such Red Bull air race and radio programs. Currently she is in front of her aviation company Infinit Air.
Her sportive activity has brought Mercè to be one of the 100 Big Spanish Adventurers of all times, published in “La Revista”, a special Sunday Supplement of “El Mundo” newspaper. Mercè was awarded with the FAI Gold Medal and has been inducted into “The Forest of Friendship” at the Amelia Earhart Museum in Kansas EEUU. In 2004 was awarded by the Spanish Geographical Society for the trip of the year and her trajectory.
- Winner of the Race around the World in 1994. First Spanish person to race around the world and the first woman to win it, 33.500 Km. in 92:27h. (At the age of 25 years old).
- Three world speed records in North American and Asiatic routes.
- Gold Medal given by the International Aeronautic Federation.
- Second position in the Race of the Americas in 1996. 30.000 Km through the American Continent.
- Bronze medal in the First World Air Games in 1997 in Turkey flying as the Spanish Team with the race plane "Spirit of Freixenet".
- Organizer of the Flight Expedition Discovery Flight I in 1998, to commemorate the first flights to the Spanish colonies. The flight was over the Western part of Africa in a 1944 Fairchild aircraft.
- The Great Hawaiian Air Race 2002, air race in the Pacific. She was first classified of women teams and seventh overall.
- The US Air Race, July 2002, the most prestigious air race in the USA. Together with the North American pilot, Greg Marshall, First position.
- EADS Centennial Flight, 17 September to 7 October 2003, Flight expedition to celebrate the 100 Anniversary of 1ST Flight in a 1930 biplane Bucker through Spain.
- Inducted into “The International Forest of Friendship” in Kansas at the Amelia Earhart Museum and awarded for the “Trip of the Year” at the Spanish National Geographic Society 2003.
- 25th Rally Toulouse St. Louis de Senegal Toulouse 2007
- Royal Aero Club of England Air race of Minorca May 2010